Dealing with Anger can be difficult at times and can poison your day if is not dealt with in a positive manner. It is always good to take the time to think positive in a matter by collecting all of your thoughts and try to find the right solution because there is always a positive solution to a situation.
Here are some of my steps I take to deal with my anger
Step 1. I always think before expressing myself by gathering my thoughts about the situation.
Step 2. I love to go and exercise when angry because it calm me down. I find that physical activity can make a big different in thinking clearly.
Step 3. I love to take time away from a negative situation because for me a few moments of quite time can make a big different in building positive thoughts.
Step 4. I always take the time to do self-assessments for any wrong doing I have done because the best starting point in resolving a problem is focusing oneself actions and attitudes.
Step 5. I always practice forgiveness because forgiveness can help you eliminate resentment and will always bring peace, happiness and positive feelings will always make way into your heart.
I love to read books and listen to some podcast and below is my top 10 list of books that can help you further in dealing with anger and resentment.
- Anger: Wisdom for Cooling the Flames
- The Cow in the Parking Lot: A Zen Approach to Overcoming Anger
- Anger Management Workbook for Men: Take Control of Your Anger and Master Your Emotions
- The Anger Management Workbook for Women: A 5-Step Guide to Managing Your Emotions and Breaking the Cycle of Anger
- The Anger Trap: Free Yourself from the Frustrations that Sabotage Your Life
- The Anger Control Workbook (A New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)
- Letting Go of Anger: The Eleven Most Common Anger Styles And What to Do About Them
- ACT on Life Not on Anger: The New Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Guide to Problem Anger
- Never Get Angry Again: The Foolproof Way to Stay Calm and in Control in Any Conversation or Situation
- It’s All Your Fault!: 12 Tips for Managing People Who Blame Others for Everything
Have a Wonderful Day!!! Peace, Love and Blessings
By Jesus Apolinaris